Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2005 Davis Vantage Pro 2 failed T/H sensor

Hello,

I own a 2005 Davis Vantage Pro 2 that has a defective T/H sensor (7346.029). Since that part is no longer available I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on a replacement sensor. I am looking at maybe changing the ISS board out (7346.070)  so I can add a newer T/H sensor (7345.951) but am looking at approximately $250 expense. I was also thinking about adding a Davis model 6332 Anemometer/sensor kit ($150) and then a T/H sensor (7346.070) for $55. Any ideas and input would be appreciated.

Regards,
Bob

Good evening,
Not many solutions, replacing a Davis analogue sensor is mission impossible. The passage by the replacement of the ISS or the addition of a kit 6332 is necessary.
For info a 6332 allows other possibilities than replacing the ISS.
Excuse my English.

One option is to use most of your Davis Sensors to power a Weatherduino System, Weatherduino is more configurable, supports a large range of sensors, and can be expanded beyond the Davis capability.
You can use the anemometer, wind vane, rain gauge, indeed most sensors other than the temp/hum and pressure sensors which can be picked up off ebay cheaply. (see SHT30 BME280)

(25-08-2022, 19:38)tobyportugal Wrote:  Good evening,
Not many solutions, replacing a Davis analogue sensor is mission impossible. The passage by the replacement of the ISS or the addition of a kit 6332 is necessary.
For info a 6332 allows other possibilities than replacing the ISS.
Excuse my English.

Thanks for the information. I may upgrade the ISS and newer sensor.

Regards,
Bob

(30-08-2022, 14:06)JT118 Wrote:  One option is to use most of your Davis Sensors to power a Weatherduino System, Weatherduino is more configurable, supports a large range of sensors, and can be expanded beyond the Davis capability.
You can use the anemometer, wind vane, rain gauge, indeed most sensors other than the temp/hum and pressure sensors which can be picked up off ebay cheaply. (see SHT30 BME280)

Thanks for your input. It is something for me to think about.

Regards,
Bob